Support The Active Type 1 Diabetic Community
PHOTO: Diabetes & Exercise Alliance. June 2012. 40+ T1/T2 cyclists!
Consider these national and local non-profits if you'd like to contribute to organizations that
- Help connect Type 1 diabetics who want to be active to other active T1D's
- Work on technology and tools that can help us live more easily and safely, with fewer complications
- Do research that may someday help slow or even reverse the progression of Type 1 diabetes
- Support people with Type 1 diabetes and other autoimmune diseases (about 30% of T1Ds also have another autoimmune disorder)
- Support those with invisible illnesses and disabilities in overcoming obstacles and preconceptions about their abilities
Please reach out if you know of local or online groups or organizations that might be candidates for this list.