The Mouse2Mouse Disneyland To Disney World Run
Run mascot: Disney’s “Coco”
- We consider Coco to be the world's first ultrarunning Type 1 diabetic monkey--she even has her own Type 1 Diabetes Run Across America t-shirt!
- Her ultrarunning career began in 2020 at the Mouse2Mouse Run
- She was originally created in 2011 by Disney in collaboration with insulin-maker Lilly Diabetes.
- She's a plush toy with miniature insulin pump, blood sugar monitor and emergency alert bracelet
- She has her own website: the Disney-branded T1 Everyday Magic website for Type 1 diabetic kids & their families
- Disney & Lilly provide books about Coco to newly-diagnosed kids to help them learn about all the things they can do despite Type 1 diabetes (like run from Disneyland to Disney World!)